Chicago Music Guide is seeking a Volunteer Managing Editor
- Oversee the layout, appearance and content of feature articles;
- Generating ideas for features with writing staff;
- Managing writing staff and freelance feature writers;
- Editing and re-writing articles, some of which may be rejected or returned to the writer for revision;
- Oversee artwork, design and photography for the features section of the magazine;
- Organizing meetings with owner, writers and artists to discuss ideas for artwork, layout and features;
- Selecting feature articles;
- Sending out briefs to writers which can include word count, deadline, and writing style;
- Proofreading all pages before publication;
- Raising the profile of the magazine;
- Networking with others at industry events, if applicable;
- Assisting other staff to meet their deadlines.
If you are interested in any of the volunteer opportunities, please email your cover letter and resume to DKelly@ChicagoMusicGuide.com and we'll be sure to get in touch with you right away.
Thank you so much!